Greece GFMD 2009
"Integrating Migration Policies into Development Strategies for the Benefit of All""
Session 1.1 [ FR | ES ]
Mainstreaming migration in development planning—Key actors, key strategies, key actions.
Session 1.2 [ FR | ES ]
Engaging diasporas and migrants in development policies and programs—Their role? Their constraints?
Session 1.3 [ FR | ES ]
Addressing the root causes of migration through development, specifically in light of the current global economic crisis.
"Migrant integration, reintegration and circulation for development"
"Policy and Institutional Coherence and Partnerships"
Session 3.1 [ FR | ES ]
Policy and Institutional Coherence—Latest Data and Research Findings
Session 3.2 [ FR | ES ]
Regional and Inter-regional Processes and Fora
Global Migration Group:
- ECLAC: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis and Migration in Latin America and the Caribbean
- ESCAP: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Migration in Asia-Pacific
- ESCWA: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis and International Migration in the Arab Region
- ILO: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis and Migrant Workers: Regional Differences
- ILO: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis, Labour Migration and Migrant Employment
- ILO: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Immigration Policies
- IOM: Fact-Sheet on Migrant Integration
- IOM: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Return Migration
- OHCHR: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on the Human Rights of Migrants
- UNCTAD: Contribution of Migrants to Development: Trade, Investment and Development Linkages
- UNDP: Human Development Report 2009
- UNESCO: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Discrimination and Xenophobia
- UNFPA: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Female Migration
- UNICEF: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis and Migration, Remittances and Children Left Behind
- UNICEF: Fact-Sheet on the Impact of the Economic Crisis on Migration and Children’s Rights
- UNODC: Fact-Sheet on the Economic Crisis, Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrants
- World Bank: Migration and Remittance Trends 2009
Contribution from the GFMD ad-hoc Working Group on Protecting and Empowering Migrants for Development:
- IOM: Migrant Resource Centres: Examining Global Good Practices in Providing Services to Empower Migrants for Development and Protection
- Philip Martin: Reducing the Cost Burden for Migrant Workers: A Market-based Approach
- Willoughby, Henderson: Preparing Contract Workers for Return and Reintegration – Relevant for Development?
Other Supporting Documents for the Roundtable Sessions:
- Center for Global Development: Migrants Count: Five Steps Toward Better Migration Data
- Handbook on How to Implement a One-Stop-Shop for Immigrant Integration [ FR | ES ]
- Informal Inquiry on Policy and Institutional Coherence, Data and Research
- MIDSA Workshop: Conclusions and Recommendations, South Africa, 21-23 September 2009
- Migrações Journal: Immigrant Entrepreneurship
- Prof. Randall Hansen: An Assessment of the Principal Regional Consultative Processes on Migration
- Report of the International Meeting on Diasporas' Contributions and Knowledge Transference, Mexico, 31 August 2009
- Summary Report of the Global Meeting of Chairs and Secretariats of RCPs, Bangkok, 4-5 June 2009
- Vienna Informal Expert Group Meeting: Final Narrative Report
- Vienna Informal Expert Group Meeting, Conclusions
Contribution from the ACP Secretariat:
- H.E. George Papandreou, Prime Minister, Greece
- H.E. Giannis N. Ragkousis, Minister of Interior, Decentralization and E-governance, Greece
- H.E. Theodora Tzakri, GFMD Chair-in-Office, Greece
- H.E. Esteban B. Conejos Jr., Undersecretary for Migrant Workers' Affairs, Philippines
- H.E. Saqr Ghobash, Minister of Labour, United Arab Emirates
- Hon. Suzanne Sheldon, Head of Delegation, United States of America
- Archbishop Agostino Marchetto, Secretary (Junior Minister), Holy See [ ES ]
- H.E. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- H.E. Sir John R. Kaputin, Secretary-General of the ACP Group of States
- Hon. Carlos Lopes, Chair-in-Office, Global Migration Group